Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 7 - 40 mile Bike ride

Tis the Sunday before the race and I have positive vibes coursing through my veins. I swallowed up 40 miles in 3 hours today, some 45 minutes less than the week before. I averaged 13 miles and hour instead of 11, despite a strong headwind pressing me backwards during half of the circuit at Richmond Park. The new gear has really helped. The saddle is working wonders on my nether regions and the very cool elbow bars are perfect for long uphill slogs. Even the lime green extra padding on the handle bars has made a big difference, cushioning the juddering from the bumpy roads.

The plan for the rest of the week? Rest, chow down bucket loads of pasta and make sure I don't forget any of my gear.

Attached is a video of the kind of training I will be doing.

No comments: