Monday, June 21, 2010

The Beginning

Dear Friends,

I am now beginning the training for the London to Land's End Bike Ride for charity. I would like to thank all of you who have been so generous. £3,778 raised!!!!! Please continue to send in money. Let's see if we can make it to £5,000. Log onto http://www.justgiving.com/anthony-vanger. Now comes the hard part - doing the race. 318 miles, from Heathrow to Land's End. Four days. That's 80 miles a day.


View Larger Map

Usually one begins training at least 3 months before such a Herculean task. But unfortunately my bicycle got stuck in NYC and it only arrived a couple of days ago. So I have two whole weeks to get in shape. Today is Day 1 of training. As per my conditioning and mental coach Rufus, I shall begin by cycling a couple of times around Battersea Park. Not more than 10 miles, at a fast clip, to get my legs used to the piston-like motion.

I shall take a couple of pictures, maybe even tie my Flip video to the front of my bike and post some video. I will keep posting blogs as the training proceeds and of course will be blogging every night from the road once the race begins.

Thanks for reading and please tell your friends to donate by logging onto www.justgiving.com/Anthony-Vanger.

No comments: