Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 2

Tried out Hyde Park today instead of Battersea to step up the pace a little and cycle 15 miles. Slipped into the park at the top of Sloane Street and tucked into a line of cyclists streaming up towards the Serpentine Gallery. As I crossed the road over to Kensington Gardens, a cabbie waved me on, I hesitated, then he moved, so I stopped and because I have special cycling shoes that are clipped into the pedals I could not take them off in time and slowly, inexorably and embarrassingly tipped over right in the middle of the road. To add insult to injury a woman rode straight into me and landed on my head.

I dusted myself off and put in a solid training ride. Another glorious day in Blighty. Who says the weather sucks in England. Speaking of England: we made it into the round of 16!!! Amazing. Next we meet our old nemesis, Germany. It's going to be tough, but they can be beaten. If Serbia can do it, so can we.

No comments: