Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 1 - Training Report

Had a good first ride. I left Cadogan Square at around 5:30pm and headed over the bridge to Battersea Park in the thick of the evening commute. Lots of honking and stress, but once I reached the sanctuary of the park, it was a different story. It was an spectacular evening along the banks of the river Thames and the mishmash of London was out to enjoy this rare gift of summer. Hippies practiced yoga, lovers canoodled on the grass, and pale tattooed shavs loitered with a glazed look in their eye brought by an afternoon of persistent drinking.

It has been 5 years since I did a triathlon in NYC and I did not feel too bad. The fact that was I was being overtaken by flat-footed commuters on rickety bicycles was kind of embarrassing, but I was strictly following my trainers orders - pedal fast in high gear which does slow you down. I am now back at my house watching my son eat his supper. He loves my green cycling shirt. Says its cool. Not a bad first day.

Check out the video below.

1 comment:

Kate Reardon said...

LOVING the peppy music! You'll make it to Land's End in a heartbeat if you have that on a loop. That, or you'll shoot yourself. Break a leg. kx